( sharing my poetry with the world )

_____________________________________________________________________


Sunday, September 6, 2009

Port Elizabeth


To you my city of smiles, I now will write….
Slumber in your beauty, soon away my flight….
You have changed me, made me positive….
From a deep sleep, awoken, now to live….

In every area, street a treasure awaits….
Cafés, Arts and Shops, all with little baits….
For visitors and all it’s begging to escape….
To a city, the jewel of the Eastern Cape….

Sun rising over the ocean, views money can’t pay….
You have the best Algoa, now Nelson Mandela Bay….
With the bustle of a city, but still a friendly heart….
Play of the ocean, beaches and beauty, hard to part….

The Friendly the Windy City, your name is so true…
But I know the days your smile, waters and sky so blue…
You feel to me like the city of life, of my birth….
To you I will soon return my city, Port Elizabeth….

1 comment:

  1. I was born and grew up there ...so I know exactly how you feel :)

    ReplyDelete